Are You In Crisis and Need Help?
If you or someone you know is in an emergency situation and needs help immediately, always call 911.
If you or someone you know is suicidal please call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at: 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
Rapid City Crisis Care Center, available 24/7 serving anyone ages 18 and older: 605-391-4863 or 381-2482.
Behavior Management Systems in Rapid City, SD at: 605-343-7262
South Dakota Rural Helpline for counseling and referrals in your area at: 1-800-664-1349
If you need help locating resources available in the Black Hills region, call 211. The Black Hills Behavioral Health Guide is available online at: http://helplinecenter.org/wp-content/uploads/2016-BHBHG-MASTER-COPY-1.pdf
National Resources and Organizations Providing Prevention and Support Services:
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
- Suicide Prevention Resource Center
- National Association for Rural Mental Health
- Mental Health America
- National Institute of Mental Health
- American Association of Suicidology
Local Resources located in South Dakota: